Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Introduction

Hello Classmates,

My name is Mira and I am proud to say that I have lived in Chapel Hill for most of my life. I remember throughout high school I was anticipating graduating so that I could leave this town; however,now I can't fathom moving anywhere else. While many children grew up idolozing pop icons, I favored people such as Peter Jennings and Barbara Walters. It was those two and other journalists that made me want to pursue a career in Journalism, specifically broadcast. Hence, I am studying journalism at UNC and hope to finish my degree within the next two years. In my spare time, I enjoy going to concerts, outings, movies/television, fashion, surrounding myself with friends and family, and reading. I consider myself to be an avid reader-some of my favorite authors include Khaled Hosseini, Dan Brown, Mitch Albom, Paolo Coehlo, and many more. I chose this class to fulfill my literature requirement because I seldom read books by "major American authors" and I am interested in broadening my horizons. Then again, I don't know if that is completely true because I don't know what distinguishes an American author from a "major" American author (I am hoping that this class will shed some light on this). I look forward to conquering summer school as well as the authors outlined on the syllabus with all of you! Best of luck in the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment