Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Introductions and homework

Don't forget to post your introduction if you haven't already done so. I've enjoyed learning more about each of you. You are truly a diverse group and I'm excited to hear your thoughts about the readings in this course--I think we'll have a wide range of perspectives.

As I said in class today, I'm from Virginia--Stafford, to be exact--but I've lived in Chapel Hill/Carrboro for 8 years now. I spend a lot of time cooped up in my carrel in Davis Library writing my dissertation, but I try to get outside as much as possible. Bolinwood Trail is one of my favorites. I'm also a Lost junkie--I can't believe there are only a couple episodes left! And I'm really enjoying the retro movies at the Varsity.

Homework:

The syllabus is now posted on Blackboard under course documents. Let me know if you have any questions about the syllabus.

Your homework for the rest of the week is:
- read Benito Cereno pgs. 35-71 for Thursday
- read Benito Cereno pgs. 72-107 for Friday
- post to the blog about the Horton poem, The Heroic Slave, or Benito Cereno by 8am Friday (this deadline is for THIS WEEK ONLY, normally the due date is 8am Thursday)
- comment on one of your classmates' posts by 5pm Sunday (this deadline is for THIS WEEK ONLY, normally the due date is 8am Friday)

No comments:

Post a Comment