Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Greetings All...

Looks as though I may be starting the introductions off (unless this projected 5-10 minute intro gets side-tracked and someone beats me to it)!

As briefly mentioned in class this morning, my name is Nan and it has been approximately 15 years since I've been in a traditional school setting as a student. I started my undergrad at UNC-Chapel Hill in 1994; however, was derailed as the hours grew along with my career in commercial real estate. Over the years, I've transitioned through several different locales and career paths, only to return here to Carolina's Office of Federal Affairs in 2006 where I now enjoy assisting with furthering the University's federal initiatives and securing federal earmark funding for our research projects. With much encouragement and support, I've newly committed to completing my undergrad degree, majoring in JOMC with a concentration in Advertising and Public Relations. I'm extremely excited, albeit overwhelmed, to say the least!

I live in Cary, NC where I enjoy herb gardening, cooking, and all things Jane Austen. Also, I trot the globe whenever possible -- a love I was allowed to cultivate and indulge during an eight year stint as a flight attendant for American Airlines.

Looking forward to this class,

Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment