Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Introduction

My name is Michael and although I am a native, I have travelled and lived throughout the US.

I have been fortunate to work with several interesting companies and have done some pretty amazing things. I worked for Atari in the 1980's until the great "videogame crash of 1984," taken the Alaska cruise, touched a satellite before it was shipped off to be launched and met some very amazing people along the way.

I've had an interesting life that is a contrast of triumph and tragedy. I've always thought that the "bad things" that happen in life only serve as a guide to help us become better persons. One good example was the loss of my hearing in an accident when I was 20, but through recent technology I have regained it. And I have cool tech toys to go along with it.

I tried out for "Jeopardy" and "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" in the early years of the new millennium but was never called. I did appear on "Inquizition" where I won a whopping $500! Would have rather been on one of the other shows - I would have taken Alex's or Regis' money with a smile!

I am looking forward to the selection of books for this class. This is the first class I have taken at UNC that I feel like I can relax and enjoy. I really enjoy being in a small classroom setting since it is an enlightening forum for everyone.

My love and mistress is photography and I am a photographer that still does film (large format right now) as well as digital. I am a visual communications major in the JOMC school and have recently been the Multimedia Editor for the Durham VOICE in Community Journalism. It was an very interesting class and I had the opportunity to do some very well received work.

If you see me with a camera, I'm in my element.

No comments:

Post a Comment